- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-China Strategic Research Alliance 2022
- Catalyst: Strategic New Zealand–German Aerospace Centre Joint Research Programme
- Catalyst: Strategic – Auckland Bioengineering Institute 12 Labours project
- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-DLR Joint Research Programme December 2020
- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-China joint research partnerships 2020/2021
- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-Singapore Data Science Research Programme
- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-Singapore Future Foods Research Programme
- Catalyst: Strategic - MethaneSAT atmospheric science project
- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-China joint research partnerships 2019/2020
- Catalyst: Strategic – The Cyber Security Research Programme
- Catalyst: Strategic – Space 2019
- Catalyst: Strategic – NZ-Korea joint research partnerships
- Catalyst: Strategic – a collaborative biomedical science research programme with China
- Catalyst: Strategic – the New Zealand-China Research Collaboration Centres
- Catalyst: Strategic – New Zealand-Germany Green Hydrogen Research Programme
- Catalyst: Strategic – Investment in health-related A.I. research in partnership with Soul Machines
- Catalyst Fund
The Catalyst Fund supports activities that initiate, develop and foster collaborations which take advantage of international science and innovation for New Zealand’s benefit.
International science and innovation connectivity is a key contributor to achieving the vision of the National Statement of Science Investment, providing an opportunity to drive increasing excellence and the potential for impact of New Zealand science.
The funding available
The Catalyst Fund consists of 4 funding streams:
- Catalyst: Influence
- Catalyst: Leaders
- Catalyst: Seeding
- Catalyst: Strategic
There is currently 1 Call for Proposals under the Strategic funding stream:
A number of Catalyst Fund programmes are also administered by the Health Research Council and the Royal Society of New Zealand, on our behalf. Information about these programmes can be found on the Royal Society of New Zealand and the Health Research Council websites:
Recently funded initiatives (MBIE-administered)
Committee for Freedom and Responsibility in Science
$600,000 over 5 years from June 2020 has been provided to the International Science Council to support the work (being led by the Royal Society of New Zealand Te Apārangi) of the Council’s Committee for Freedom and Responsibility in Science.
The University of Auckland has received $180,000 to build a Biobridge to connect New Zealand and Australia’s healthtech ecosystems to effectively grow and scale their joint expertise globally. Austrade, the Consortium for Medical Device Technologies (CMDT) and the MedTech Centre of Research Excellence (MedTech CoRE) are involved.
For more information, email email@example.com.