Te Ara Paerangi – Future Pathways Reference Group
The Te Ara Paerangi – Future Pathways Reference Group is an external group established in March 2021 to provide high-level strategic guidance to the MBIE Science Leadership Team on the Te Ara Paerangi’ programme.
On this page
It will also support MBIE to engage the right institutions and people, test ideas, choices, and trade-offs, and ensure MBIE has a good understanding of system-wide issues. The Reference Group is an advisory Group not a decision-making body.
The Group consists of representatives from a range of peak bodies and professional organisations within the sector, including business, industry and Māori science and research leaders. It recognises the importance of working with the RSI sector on this significant programme with the aim of moving forward together.
Reference Group members
- Chris Bunny/Iain Cossar, MBIE
- Professor Dame Juliet Gerrard, Office of the PM’s Chief Science Advisor
- John Morgan, Science NZ
- Professor Richard Blaikie, Universities NZ
- Professor Suzanne Pitama, Te Pūtahitanga ropu (authors of the Te Pūtahitanga report)
- Tania Gerrard, Te Ara Pūtaiao (CRI Māori leadership group)
- Grant Rennie, Public Service Association
- Catherine Beard, Business NZ
- Dr Sereana Naepi, Royal Society Early Career Researcher Forum
- Professor Troy Baisden, NZ Association of Scientists
- Professor Paora (Paul) Tapsell, IRANZ
- Dr Tim Mackle, Food and Fibre Partnership Group
- Dr James Hutchinson, private sector.