New Zealand Space Agency
New Zealand is the ideal location for New Space
For industry leaders, research institutions and innovative start-ups, the advantages we offer are:
- Access to space: the world’s first fully private orbital launch range with plans for the highest launch cadence in the world.
- Unique geography: uncluttered launch windows, great location for ground infrastructure and ideal environment for earth observation data calibration and validation.
- Enabling space business environment: a modern regulatory regime for a safe, sustainable and thriving space industry.
- Nimble, stable, and reputable government: combining a proven reputation as a trusted and responsible global citizen with a nimble and responsive government system that gets things done.
- Ingenuity and effective science infrastructure: a culture of thinking outside the box, and a science system that supports knowledge intensive firms.
- Connections for success: a globally-connected economy, with agreements in place for technology transfer and research collaboration.
NASA internships and New Zealand Space Agency scholarships
The New Zealand Space Agency invites high-performing New Zealand tertiary students to apply to participate in the NASA International Internship Programme from June to August 2019. To complement this opportunity, the New Zealand Space Agency is offering the New Zealand Space Scholarship.
Why New Zealand?
We are an attractive location for space activities.