PreSeed Accelerator Fund
Supporting early stage technology commercialisation activities which:
- maximise the commercial benefits to New Zealand from publicly funded research
- improve the commercial capability and skills of public research organisations
- promote linkages between public research organisations and potential private sector partners, including industry players and capital providers, in New Zealand and offshore.
MBIE will invest up to $8.3 million per annum for three years to advance commercialisation projects to a point of investor-readiness. This includes the $3 million per year increase that was announced in Budget 2016.
Congratulations to the successful applicants:
- AgResearch Limited
- Auckland UniServices Ltd
- Kiwi Innovation Network Ltd (KiwiNet)
- Massey Ventures Limited
- New Zealand Forest Research Institute Ltd (Scion)
- Otago Innovation Limited
Download the documents
- Call for Proposals for the 2016 round [PDF 630KB]
- PreSeed fact sheet May 2016 [PDF 109KB]
- Investment contract [PDF 96KB]
Public or not-for-profit research organisations, or collectives of organisations, that do not have a devolved PreSeed contract can apply to MBIE for non-devolved funding.
Non-devolved PreSeed is an on-demand fund.
Download the Call for Proposals [PDF 633KB]
If you have questions in regards to this fund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.