Health and Safety at Work Strategy 2018-2028
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and WorkSafe New Zealand have developed a draft Health and Safety at Work Strategy to improve health and safety at work across New Zealand over the next ten years.
The draft Strategy is designed to:
- Provide vision and direction for the overall improvement of health and safety at work in New Zealand
- Align direction across the health and safety system
- Enable coordination between people in the system and ensure there is clear accountability
- Identify capability gaps and opportunities
- Improve system measurement
Developing a Health and Safety Strategy is part of wider efforts underway to improve health and safety in New Zealand. For more information about the other work in this area, including regulatory reform, visit the health and safety reform page.
Submissions closed at 5 pm on 8 June 2018. A summary of submissions will be available online.