Have Your Say: Consultation proposing to publish a new edition of Fire Acceptable Solution – C/AS2 – 2018
5pm on Friday, 30 November 2018
|Consultation: Proposal to publish new edition of Acceptable Solution C/AS2||PDF Document||315kb|
|Submission form: C/AS2 consultation||Docx Microsoft Word Format||184kb|
|For consultation: Acceptable Solution for all Buildings other than Risk Group SH||PDF Document||6159kb|
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is proposing to publish a new edition of Fire Acceptable Solution – C/AS2.
The proposed new C/AS2 will be a single document with the six separate Fire Acceptable Solution documents (C/AS2-7) merged into one.
In particular, three technical issues have been identified and included in the proposed C/AS2 Acceptable Solution as changes to performance settings:
- adjusting the setting to prevent buildings within 1m of the boundary being constructed with no fire separations (e.g. all glass facades located on the property boundary)
- removing “capable of storage consideration” and replacing it with a metric as per the settings prior to 2012
- simplifying the content in C/AS2 by referencing D1/AS1 (Acceptable Solution for access routes) rather than repeating the content from D/AS1.
The proposed C/AS2 amends a number of omissions and inconsistencies following significant stakeholder engagement in recent years on the draft Acceptable Solution.
How to Make a Submission
Please send your submission before 5pm on Friday 30 November 2018. Please include your name, or the name of your organisation, and contact details. You can make your submission by:
- attaching your submission as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment and sending to email@example.com
- mailing your submission to:
Building Performance and Engineering Team
Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment
15 Stout Street, Wellington 6011
PO Box 1473, Wellington 6140
The consultation document includes questions you may like to respond to in your submission. These questions are listed in full in the submission form. Please note that your submission does not need to answer all of these questions.
If you have any questions about the submission process please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org