IVL Advisory Group
The IVL Advisory Group guides and shapes the areas for investment from the IVL. They provide focus, leadership and expertise to guide the IVL to where it makes the most impact.
On this page
The Advisory Group meets up to 3 times a year.
The members of the Advisory Group are:
- Catherine Taylor as the Chair. Catherine is currently a director of Nelson Airport, and Deputy Chair of the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority and a member of the New Zealand Transport Agency board. She is formerly a member of the Civil Aviation Authority and Director of Crop and Food Research.
- Grant Webster as an independent member. Grant is the CEO of Tourism Holdings Limited. He is a recent Chair of TIA, co-Chair of the New Zealand Tourism Futures Taskforce, and member of the industry CEO group that has taken leadership over tourism industry funding issues.
- Verity Webber as an independent member. Verity is General Manager Commercial at Ngāi Tahu Tourism and a NZ Māori Tourism board member. She has expertise in tourism investment and operation, the Māori tourism sector and the interaction of tourism and conservation particularly on Te Wai Pounamu (South Island).
- Kauahi Ngapora as an independent member. Kauahi is General Manager at Whale Watch Kaikōura and has been involved in the tourism and marine transport sectors for 25 years. He is a member of Te Korowai o Te Tai ō Marokura and the Kaikoura Marine Guardians (a Ministerial Advisory Committee).
- Penny Webster as an independent member whose expertise lies in local and central government. She was Auckland Councillor for Rodney Ward from 2010 – 2016, and Mayor of Rodney District from 2007 – 2010.
- Paula Southgate as an independent member who has strong links with local government and its community engagement and relationships with iwi. Paula served as Chair of Environment Waikato for 15 years until 2016. She is a Hamilton City councillor.
- Dr Gerry McSweeney as an independent member is a biologist, managing director and co-owner of Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki (West Coast) and Wilderness Lodge Arthurs Pass (Canterbury) that includes Cora Lynn Station Pastoral Lease and Nature Reserve.
- Iain Cossar as a central government representative. Iain is General Manager, Tourism – Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
- Bruce Parkes as a central government representative. As Deputy Director General of the Department of Conservation, Bruce is responsible for the visitor and heritage aspects of DOC’s work.
- The new General Manager of Engagement and Partnerships, NZ Transport Agency as a central government representative when they are appointed.
Last updated: 22 July 2021