Making it easier to travel to New Zealand
The government is working on improvements to international air links, and passenger and visa application processes to make it easier for visitors to come to New Zealand.
Strong processes and partnerships
We are working with other government agencies, including Immigration New Zealand, to:
- create better international air linkages to New Zealand
- streamline passenger processing, particularly for trans-Tasman travellers
- improve the visitor visa application process
- attract skilled migrant workers and increase tourist travel to New Zealand
- strengthen our tourism industry partnerships in new and emerging markets.