Charges for NZ citizens and permanent residents
If you're a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and meet the criteria for being liable to pay for managed isolation, find out how much you'll have to pay.
Check if you're liable for charges
Rates for the stay in managed isolation or quarantine
The fee (including GST) for NZ citizens and residence class visa holders for each family travel group is:
- $1,610 for the first or only person in the family travel group
- $460 for each additional adult in the family travel group
- $230 for each additional child (3 to 17 years old, inclusive) in the family travel group
- children under 3 years old are not charged.
If you are liable to pay, you will be charged per family travel group.
A family travel group is a group of no more than 12 persons all of whom:
- are family members of 1 or more of the other persons in the group; and
- are part of the same travel group
A “family member” of any person (person A) means another person who:
- has a biological or legal relationship with person A; or
- is a member of person A’s whānau or other culturally recognised family group
What does your charge cover?
The charge is a contribution towards the accommodation, food, transport, operational and support costs of a stay in MIQ.
Costs incurred by other agencies, such as Aviation Security, Ministry of Health, the New Zealand Defence Force and New Zealand Police, are not included in the charges.