Working from home checklist
This checklist is to assist you to work safely from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Your wellbeing and health and safety is important and the principles of the Health and Safety at Work Act still apply.
- Make sure that you are working in a comfortable and sustainable position that will reduce the risk of discomfort and injury. This might also mean mixing it up, and working at different locations and in different positions during the day.
- Be mindful about your physical health and wellbeing by regularly taking breaks, getting up and moving around.
- Make sure that any electrical equipment and wiring you are using is safe, and that plugs and cables are not worn. You might want to think about using a surge protector like a multi-box
- Make sure you have plans for an emergency. For example, access to exits, cover during an earthquake, emergency contacts etc.
- Report any hazards or incidents that impact on your wellbeing, health, safety and security through the MBIE Event Reporting Tool (Zambion) or by email to the WHS team email@example.com
- Make sure that you have a regular check in with your People Leader and if you are a People Leader – make sure you check in with your teams!
- Identify and manage any work-related risks and hazards.
- Manage the risk to the security, privacy and confidentiality of information when using your laptop and phone for work; and
- Ensure work papers are kept confidential.
In summary, please:
- take care of your own, and others’ wellbeing, health and safety
- when we ask you to do something, if you are reasonably able, please do as we ask
- co-operate with any reasonable wellbeing, health and safety guidelines and procedures MBIE has put in place.
This is all about keeping you and others safe and well in a home working environment.