How Business Connect works
Business Connect is a digital services platform that will provide government agencies with common tools, templates, data standards and business rules to enable the design and delivery of more consistent digital services.
With its approach to data use and re-use the Business Connect prototype demonstrated productivity gains of up to 90% for business customers.
Business Connect supports the drive towards a more consistent and coordinated business customer experience with government, providing businesses with a more transparent view of their interactions, and reducing the time and effort currently involved to deal with government.
Business Connect will enable businesses to:
- access and manage their business information from one place
- use the authoritative data government already holds about them – their New Zealand Business Number will pre-populate the information they’re most often asked to share
- re-use the information they’ve previously provided to government
- connect digitally across both local and central government
- more easily meet their compliance obligations.
Business Connect will help transform government services from:
- paper-based and manual to digital
- duplicated to reusable processes
- fragmented and inconsistent to joined up
- internally focused to business-centric.
While Business Connect is a single platform, businesses will be able to engage with Business Connect services through any of the participating government agencies, and through related digital channels.
Business.govt.nz(external link) will be a primary access point as government’s central place for cross-agency information, advice, tools and resources for business.