MBIE snapshot infographic
A snapshot infographic of MBIE as at 28 June 2019.
4729 MBIE people. About 4326 within New Zealand and 403 offshore.
Where MBIE people work.
- Immigration 40%
- Market Services 27%
- Finance and Performance 3%
- Building, Resources and Markets 8%
- Labour, Science and Enterprise 7%
- Strategic Policy and Programmes 2%
- Corporate Governance and Information 12%
- Provincial Development Unit 1%
* Percentages are rounded to the nearest whole number and as a result don’t add up to 100%
$6.0 billion MBIE’s total appropriated expenditure for 2019/20, include $5.1 billion non-departmental and $0.9 billion departmental.
We’re a global organisation with 14 offices overseas.
46 offices within New Zealand.
- 22% of our people are based in Auckland
- 59% of our people are based in Wellington
- 7% in Canterbury
- 3% in other parts of both the North and South Islands
- 9% of us work overseas.
106 Acts that MBIE is responsible for.
2435 Official Information Act requests completed 2018/19