Summer policy internships
We’re looking for energised, engaged students from all walks of life to join us as interns over the summer as policy interns.
About our summer internships
Our next round of summer internships run November 2019 – February 2020.
Applications for the 2019/2020 summer cohort have closed.
You’ll be given plenty of guidance and support to tackle real life policy problems and find out what it’s like to be a policy professional.
We develop innovative solutions across a diverse range of policy areas including:
- major events and tourism
- science and innovation
- skills and employment
- energy and resources.
Who we are looking for
We consider interns from all backgrounds with a genuine interest in working in policy and/or government and making a difference for all New Zealanders.
- You must be currently studying for a Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification, and continuing your study in 2020.
- You must have achieved at least a B average (Please confirm your GPA using the Victoria university GPA calculator).
- You must be eligible to live and work in New Zealand.
- You must pass all other employment vetting and approval standards we require.
- Online application form
- Situational judgment questionnaire
- Competency-based video interview
- Written assessment
- Assessment centre (in Wellington) including:
- Aptitude tests (Abstract, Verbal, Numerical)
- Personality questionnaire
- Competency based interview
- Group exercise
- Reference checks.
Working for us
As a summer intern, you will be placed in a policy team at our modern and central head office in Stout Street, Wellington. You'll work Monday to Friday, 37 hours 55 minutes per week.
We have a close down period over Christmas and New Year comprised of the statutory holidays, and the 3 working days between Christmas and New Year. This can be taken as leave without pay, or annual leave you have accrued.
If you have any further questions, or want to register your interest then email our Graduate Recruitment team at: email@example.com