Procurement Graduate Programme
Our Procurement Graduate Programme is a 2-year programme in one of the fastest-growing professions in Australasia. It has been created to develop tomorrow's procurement leaders. Applications for the 2020 intake will open at the end of April 2019.
Why procurement is important
Procurement is the planning, sourcing and buying of goods and services for an organisation.
Each year, government agencies spend approximately $41 billion, around 18% of GDP, procuring a wide range of goods and services from third party suppliers.
Getting procurement right is important. It can help government agencies to deliver better public services for better value.
Who we are looking for
We need great communicators, passionate collaborators, big-picture thinkers and driven problem-solvers.
If you want to make a direct impact helping government agencies achieve their strategic and commercial outcomes and deliver value for New Zealanders, the Procurement Graduate programme is the one for you.
How to apply
Applications for the 2020 intake will open at the end of April 2019.
- 2-year programme with 3-4 placements across our partner government agencies.
- Professional skills development through mentoring, a buddy programme, networking events and training.
- Opportunities in both Auckland and Wellington.
- Fast-track programme which will grow your expertise in procurement, commercial and relationship management skills.
- Work on interesting and high-value projects and gain a breadth of practical experiences in procurement across different sectors (ICT, infrastructure, health, etc).
- Exposure to a wide network of experienced procurement professionals.
- Competitive salary.
Our partner agencies
We partner with a growing group of agencies to offer placements in the programme. Some of the government agencies our graduates have had placements include:
- Auckland Transport
- Department of Internal Affairs
- Housing New Zealand
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Social Development
- New Zealand Defence Force
- NZ Health Partnerships
Who should apply
We are open to students from a variety of degrees and tertiary backgrounds. You need to be a recent graduate or a student in your final year of study in 2019 and have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
We are looking for talent who:
- can easily adapt and work fluidly in fast-paced, ever-changing environments
- are engaging, dynamic and eager to learn
- can demonstrate leadership skills and is a solutions-focused thinker.
- Online application form (you’ll be asked to upload your CV, cover letter, official/unofficial academic record and answer some competency-based questions.)
- Competency-based video interview.
- Written assessmen.
- Face-to-face interviews in Auckland and Wellington.