Construction Skills Action Plan released
On: 4 October 2018
The Government has announced a plan to deliver the right people, at the right time, with the right skills, to meet current and future needs in the construction sector.
The Construction Skills Action Plan has six initiatives focused on growing the workforce. They are:
- Expanding skills for industry
- Leveraging government procurement
- Establishing additional jobs and skills hubs
- Growing construction careers and credentials
- Mana in Mahi – Strength in Work; and
- Further changes to immigration settings.