Applications for funding through Te Pūnaha Hihiko: Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund 2019 now open
On: 1 November 2018
Mā te rongo ka mōhio
Mā te mōhio ka mārama
Mā te mārama ka mātau
Mā te mātau ka ora
Through perception comes awareness
Through awareness comes understanding
Through understanding comes knowledge
Through knowledge comes well-being
Te Pūnaha Hihiko: Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund invests in people and organisations undertaking or planning research which supports the four themes of the Vision Mātauranga Policy:
- indigenous innovation,
- taiao (achieving environmental sustainability),
- hauora/oranga (improving health and social wellbeing) and,
- mātauranga (exploring indigenous knowledge).
The fund aims to strengthen capability, capacity, skills and networks between Māori and the science and innovation system, and increase understanding of how research can contribute to the aspirations of Māori organisations and deliver benefit for Aotearoa.
Up to $4 million in funding is available in the 2019 funding round for research projects of up to 24 months.
Funding applications are now invited for the 2019 round of Te Pūnaha Hihiko: Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund.
Funding is available through two schemes:
- The Connect Scheme draws the science sector and Māori organisations together with up to $100,000 per proposal available.
- The Placement Scheme, which seeks to enhance the development of individuals through placement in either a Research or Maori organisation with up to $180,000 per proposal available.
Proposals are due 12 noon, 19 February 2019, in MBIE’s Investment Management Portal.
Please read the Call for Proposals and the Investment Plan for information on who can apply and how to apply.