Tourism support initiatives applications open
Published: 31 August 2021
Applications for 2 business support initiatives for tourism businesses most affected by the lack of international tourists in 5 South Island communities are now open.
The 2 initiatives, the Business Advisory Support and Business Advice Implementation grants, are part of the Government’s $200 million Tourism Communities: Support, Recovery and Re-set Plan.
The support is for tourism businesses in Districts: Kaikōura, Mackenzie, Southland, Queenstown Lakes and Westland.
The initiatives are:
- $10 million Business Advisory Support grants (up to $5,000 per business operation) to enable businesses to receive expert advice and support such as changing target market, or scaling their business.
- $10 million in grants for businesses to implement business advice (up to $5,000 per business operation).
Lead entities and application opening dates:
- Development West Coast (for Westland District) – now open
- Great South (for Southland District) – now open
- Christchurch NZ (for Kaikōura and Mackenzie Districts) – open from 6 September 2021 (if not before)
- Queenstown Lakes District Council (for Queenstown Lakes District) – open from 6 September 2021 (if not before)
Find out more about the initiatives on the Tourism Communities page.
MBIE media contact
Please note: This content will change over time and can go out of date.