Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund 2020 now open
Published: 16 September 2019
Applications for funding through Te Pūnaha Hihiko: Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund 2020 now open
Mā te rongo ka mōhio
Mā te mōhio ka mārama
Mā te mārama ka mātau
Mā te mātau ka ora
Through perception comes awareness
Through awareness comes understanding
Through understanding comes knowledge
Through knowledge comes well-being
Te Pūnaha Hihiko: Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund invests in people and organisations undertaking or planning research which supports the four themes of the Vision Mātauranga Policy:
- indigenous innovation,
- taiao (achieving environmental sustainability),
- hauora/oranga (improving health and social wellbeing) and,
- mātauranga (exploring indigenous knowledge).
The fund aims to strengthen capability, capacity, skills and networks between Māori and the science and innovation system, and increase understanding of how research can contribute to the aspirations of Māori organisations and deliver benefit for Aotearoa.
Up to $4 million in funding is available in the 2020 funding round for research projects of up to 24 months.
Funding applications are now invited for the 2020 round of Te Pūnaha Hihiko: Vision Mātauranga Capability Fund.
Funding is available through two schemes:
- The Connect Scheme draws the science sector and Māori organisations together with up to $100,000 per proposal available.
- The Placement Scheme, which seeks to enhance the development of individuals through placement in either a Research or Māori organisation with up to $180,000 per proposal available.
Approximately 30 new projects are funded each year, and $21.7 million has been invested in over 178 projects since the Fund started in 2013.
Proposals are due 12 noon, 14 November 2019, in MBIE’s Investment Management Portal.(external link)
Please read the Call for Proposals and the Investment Plan for information on who can apply and how to apply.
If you have any questions on how to apply email us at email@example.com
MBIE media contacts
Phone: 027 442 2141
Please note: This content will change over time and can go out of date.