National Statement of Science Investment
The Science and Innovation Minister, Steven Joyce has launched the National Statement of Science Investment 2015-25 (NSSI) – the Government’s strategic direction for science investment over the next decade.
It outlines the Government’s vision for the science system for 2025 of “a highly dynamic science system that enriches New Zealand, making a more visible, measurable contribution to our productivity and wellbeing through excellent science”.
It also lays out a work programme to achieve that vision.
Read the Minister’s media release on the Beehive website
The National Statement of Science Investment incorporates the feedback received during public consultation on a draft Statement during May to August 2014.
MBIE received 108 submissions:
- List of submissions [PDF 67KB]
- Business, industry bodies, private sector [PDF 4.6MB]
- CRIs and IROs [PDF 2.4MB]
- Local government and museums [PDF 2.8MB]
- Peak science and funding bodies [PDF 5MB]
- Tertiary education [PDF 6.4MB]
- Other submissions [PDF 4.8MB]