New Zealand Government Procurement
New Zealand Government Procurement (NZGP) has a vision to shape procurement excellence to deliver value for New Zealand.
We work with government agencies to drive best practice procurement and transform government into being a customer of choice for suppliers. Our focus is on raising standards, improving capability, and reducing duplication in government procurement through a collaborative, centre-led approach.
Our core functions
- Building procurement capability across government.
- Harnessing government’s collective buying power through collaborative contracts.
- Making government easier to do business with.
- Improving commercial skills.
- Using procurement as an enabler to support government priorities (e.g. Canterbury rebuild, business engagement, social sector).
For more information about NZGP go to www.procurement.govt.nz