Sites identified for the Crown Land Development Programme
As at May 2017 the following sites have been announced and are progressing at pace through the Crown Land Development Programme in Auckland. MBIE is continuing its assessment of other potential sites.
- In Massey, Fletcher Residential has commenced earthworks on 9.2ha of land on Moire Road which will be developed into a mix of 197 detached, terraced and duplex homes. The first homes are due to be completed in August 2017. Community Housing Providers have first option to purchase 59 of the homes.
- A 0.47ha site on New North Road in Mount Albert will be developed for around 100 apartments by the Marutūāhu rōpū and Ockham Residential. The first homes at this site will likely be available in mid-2018.
- In Waterview, Ngāi Tai ki Tāmaki are developing a 1.2ha site with 120 apartments and terraced houses for Housing New Zealand. The first homes will be ready in late 2018.
- A 0.53ha site at Titoki Street in Te Atatu is suitable for 30 dwellings. A development agreement for this site is anticipated in early-2018 with first homes in 2019.
- Counties-Manukau Health is disposing of over 10 hectares of land in Manukau which will be made available to the Crown Land Development programme. The land will support around 250 homes, including public and affordable housing. Te Ākitai Waiohua will have the opportunity to prepare a development proposal for this site as part of their Treaty settlement with the Crown.
- Legislation to enable 11.7ha from the Point England Reserve to be developed for housing is currently before Parliament. Should the legislation be enacted, Ngāti Paoa will have the opportunity to prepare a development proposal for this site, which will support at least 300 homes including public and affordable housing.