The Occupation Outlook is a great place to look when thinking about your study and career options.
It contains education, employment and income information on 60 key occupations in New Zealand to give you a clearer picture of possible career paths. These 60 were chosen for their size, popularity, and potential for future growth.
- Download the full publication [PDF 4.9MB]
- Download the Just the jobs brochure [PDF 74KB]
- Download the creative industries special feature [PDF 784KB]
- Download the Training through the defence forces special feature [PDF 817KB]
- Download the Training while working special feature [PDF 886KB]
- Download the Career prospects as a manager special feature [PDF 773KB]
The occupations are grouped under the industries used in the Vocational Pathways programme:
- Construction and Infrastructure
- Manufacturing and Technology
- Primary Industries
- Service Industries
- Creative Industries
- Social and Community Services
You can find more advice on planning your career, as well as info on over 400 occupations, on the CareersNZ website.
The dials show the income, fees and job prospects for each occupation, and there is more detailed information in the PDFs below.
Low- high income
Low - high fees
Limited - good prospects