Digital Economy and Digital Inclusion Ministerial Advisory Group
A new Ministerial Advisory Group for the Digital Economy and Digital Inclusion has been established.
The purpose of the Group is to bring together innovators, leading thinkers and actors from central and local government, non-governmental organisations, Māoridom, industry, and community groups to advise government on how it can best meet its objectives to grow the digital economy and reduce digital divides, so that all New Zealanders and New Zealand businesses can benefit from digital technologies.
The Group comprises 15 members, and is intended to reflect the diversity of New Zealand, including youth, and include perspectives from Māori.
Terms of Reference for the Group
- Frances Valintine (Chair) - Founder and Chairperson at The Mind Lab, and Founder/CEO of Tech Futures Lab
- Brenda Leeuwenberg - Head of Innovation at NZ On Air, Board Member of Women in Film & Television, and Director of Nomad8
- Chris O’Connell - Director of Heartland Connectivity Taskforce Ltd, extensively involved with broadband rollout
- Jordan Carter - Chief Executive of InternetNZ
- Kaila Colbin - Co-founder and Chair of Ministry of Awesome, Curator of TEDxChristchurch and SingularityU NZ and Australia Summits, Deputy Chair of CORE Education, Director of ChristchurchNZ
- Potaua Biasiny-Tule - Co-Founder of Digital Natives Academy, Digital Basecamp, 4 Company B, and CEO/Managing Director of TangataWhenua.com
- Rohan MacMahon - Management consultant and involved in business development for digital technology companies. Previously Strategy Director at Crown Fibre Holdings
- Victoria MacLennan - Co-chair of NZRise, Managing Director and CEO of OptimalHQ Group, Trustee and Board Chair of Code Club Aotearoa, Chair of the Digital Skills Forum, Investor and Director
- Amber Craig: Councillor at Internet NZ, Trust Chair of Whare Hauora, and Chair of Women Who Get Shit Done. Experience working in the ICT sector as a solutions architect. Ngati Kahungunu ki Wairarapa, Rangitane
- Cathy Hardinge: Founder and CEO of Digital Seniors, and Capability and Change Consultant
- Robyn Kamira: Founder and CEO of UAV company Incredible Skies Ltd and technology company Paua Interface Ltd. Board member of Institute of IT Professionals and Hi-Tech Awards judge
- Gregory Morgan: Head of Digital Solutions and Innovation at Auckland Libraries and member of Library and Information Association of NZ Aotearoa. Former board member and committee chair of Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind
- David Moskovitz: Serial entrepreneur, angel investor, company director, philanthropist, mentor, software developer, and lexicographer on the Dictionary of NZ Sign Language and several Māori dictionaries. Involved in interfaith community. Blogs at dave.mosk.nz
- Damon Odey: Mayor of Timaru District Council and lead Mayor for the digital connectivity work programme for the Canterbury Mayoral Forum
- Michael Taitoko: CEO and co-founder of Takiwā, a digital analytics and data visualisation firm
Agendas and minutes of Group meetings
Digital Economy and Digital Inclusion stakeholder network
MBIE and DIA officials are putting together a network of people interested in growing the digital economy and closing digital divides. We will be inviting the network to be actively involved in contributing to and commenting on work in these areas, including work developed by the Ministerial Advisory Group on Digital Economy and Digital Inclusion.
If you would like to be part of this network, please email email@example.com