Have Your Say: Contract and Commercial Law Bill exposure draft consultation
5pm on Monday, 7 December 2015
|Explanatory material and call for submissions||PDF Document||534kb|
|Submission document||Microsoft Word Document||204kb|
|Contract and Commercial Law Bill exposure draft||PDF Document||1072kb|
The Parliamentary Counsel Office and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment are seeking feedback on the Contract and Commercial Law Bill before it is introduced to Parliament.
This Bill is the first to be developed under the revision programme. The Bill’s purpose is to revise contracts and commercial law statutes, combining them into a single statute, to make them more accessible, readable, and easier to understand. It is not intended to make policy changes.
This exposure draft has been prepared for public review so that feedback from interested parties can be used to improve the Bill before introduction.
See the explanatory material for:
- how to make a submission
- important information on the submission process and publication/release of submissions
- an overview of the revision process and its safeguards
- context for changes in the Bill, and specific questions we are seeking feedback on
- a table of the provisions affected and the drafting changes
- a table of issues noted for possible future reform that are outside the scope of the revision process.