New Zealand Venture Investment Fund
The New Zealand Venture Investment Fund (NZVIF) aims to accelerate the development of New Zealand’s early-stage capital markets.
It will co-invest with private investors and develop other markets. It consists of two funds.
- The $160 million private sector venture capital fund. In August 2010, the fund had invested in 50 innovative businesses and the government announced a $40 million capital underwrite for VIF.The $40 million Seed Co-investment Fund invests alongside angel investors in very early stage businesses with strong potential for high growth. As at August 2011, it had invested in 61 businesses.
Find out more
- Venture Investment Fund
- David Carter's speech at the opening of venture capital fund, MOVAC, in July 2011
- Speech by Minister Gerry Brownlee in August 2010 to announce an underwriting boost to the New Zealand VIF
- Wayne Mapp's speech in March 2010 to the Angel Association
- Address by Gerry Brownlee in August 2009 on venture capital in New Zealand