This site has been retired. Enquiries about cross-government API activities should be directed to the Government Chief Information Officer’s team.
API case studies are available from Result 9 – Better for Business.
Existing government API’s can be accessed through:
- api.business.govt.nz - a collection of API services provided by the Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment to give direct access to transactions and information retrieval across a range of business registers.
- data.govt.nz - a directory of publicly-available, non-personal New Zealand government held datasets which also links to a range of open data APIs.
- LINZ Data Service - a service that releases LINZ’s geospatial information for incorporation into end-user products and services.
- New Zealand Transport Agency ‘InfoConnect’ - provides developers and companies with free access to verified state highway information from the Transport Agency.
- DigitalNZ - easy access to digital material from libraries, museums, government departments, publicly funded organisations, the private sector, and community groups using an API.
- www.nzpost.co.nz/developer-centre - NZ Post's Developer Resource Centre.