Current board vacancies
Posted on: 16 July 2018
Application closes on: 5.00 pm 3 August 2018
Location: New Zealand
Category: Board and Governance
Position type: Part time
Summary of the position
On behalf of the Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, the Ministry is seeking candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as a member of the External Reporting Board (XRB).
Applicants must have strong accounting knowledge and experience, ideally with an understanding of financial reporting and auditing issues from the perspective of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Other ideal skills and experience include:
- standard-setting at the domestic and international level
- commercial activities, business acumen
- governance in a multi-stakeholder environment
- relationship management, including working effectively with stakeholders
- an understanding of public accountability and the relationships between the Government and Crown entities.
- Please note this is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the XRB requires at this particular time.
The Government has also set the target of ensuring half of all directors on state sector boards and committees are women by 2021.
For more information, please click on the above link, which will take you to the Treasury’s Board Appointment database. You will need to register on the database if you do not already have a profile and you will need a RealMe account.
Once you have a registered profile, you can then apply for this role or other board vacancies via the ‘positions under consideration’ page. We strongly recommend uploading to your profile your current CV and a brief covering letter specific to this role.
If you have log on issues, the RealMe helpdesk, who administers the log on service, is available 24/7 on 0800 664 774 (NZ), +64 4 463 9376 (from overseas) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries about the position, please contact Ayana Menorca at Ayana.Menorca@mbie.govt.nz.